ss_blog_claim=4bd71657147bad21399fb2ef607c65d0

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Michelob Ultra Pomegranate Rasberry Light Beer


My friend bought me a case of this beer and its been in my fridge for a few weeks now so I decided to finish off a few bottles, after all there are a lot of people in this world without beer in their fridge and so it would be unethical to waste this beer. Anyways, turns out, it's not really a beer. More like a carbonated fruit juice, or soda with a little more carbohydrate thickness to it and some head. Actually, it tastes a little like flavored seltzer water. If you like miller chill, or bid light with lime, or maybe (but less) even corona with lime (all of which I consider to be like crappy carbonated lemonade), you may like this drink. I would not however group it with things like pumpkin ale, and maybe apricot ale which, in my opinion, are still significantly beery. My (female) friend who bought this 6 pack however likes this, so I think there is an audience for it. Originally I thought about writing that this is a good compromise between getting wine coolers or bacardi's and getting beer, but that would be false. This would only be a good alcoholic replacement for fruit flavored seltzer water, nothing else. 1/5 although its not really a beer in my opnion so maybe NA/5 would be more appropriate.

1 comment: