ss_blog_claim=4bd71657147bad21399fb2ef607c65d0

Sunday, November 25, 2007

Double Bastard Ale, Stone Brewing Co., San Diego, CA


Tom: As a lover of everything that comes from Stone Brewing Co., and in particular a huge fan of Arrogant Bastard, it is with great remorse that I have to report this as the biggest disappointment in beer tasting since the start of this blog. Remnants of the thickness we love so much from Arrogant Bastard are there, but I'd call it half-bastard instead of double-bastard. And that brings us to the taste, which is abhorrent. There is not even a shadow of that smokey goodness we know and love--in it's place. Pineapple. Fucking Pineapple. I know, I know--I couldn't believe it either. Do not be fooled by the Brewery or the Label or the wit you'll find on the label. This beer is a disgrace. 1.5/5

1 comment:

  1. I was browsing the microbrew section at my local grocery store and realized that I totally would have purchased this beer had it not been for this post. Thanks Tom.

    ReplyDelete