ss_blog_claim=4bd71657147bad21399fb2ef607c65d0

Friday, October 12, 2007

Shipyard Pumpkinhead


Rat: I don't like fruit (or vegetable) flavored beers usually because I think they do a diservice to the beer and to the fruit at the same time. However, of the flavored beers I've tried (cherry wheat, apricot, and other crap) this one was probably the best. Its got a mild pumpkin taste thats not overbearing, and that compliments the bitterness and sweetness of the ale. I would recommend trying a bottle or six pack but not going much more than that. 3/5

1 comment:

  1. I finally had a chance to taste this and REALLY liked it - much more than I thought it would given its categorization. Just goes to show that you never know when you might enjoy a fruit-based ale. Well done Shipyard! I'm so proud that they are from Maine. I want some right now...

    ReplyDelete