ss_blog_claim=4bd71657147bad21399fb2ef607c65d0

Saturday, July 28, 2007

Corona Extra


Rat: Although clearly not a microbrew, I think Corona deserves discussion. Specifically, I think this whole "Corona with lime" thing is out of control. Do I like corona? Yes, I do. In fact, I like it more than having a bud or a coors. I also think, if it wasn't so expensive, it would make a fantastic beirut beer. However, all this is based on my "Corona without lime" experience. I do not believe a lime enhances Corona any more than a lime enhances a bud or a coors. Its not like I never have Corona with lime, because clearly its like the social thing to do, but my point still stands that Corona is good without the lime and people tend to forget that. 4/5

3 comments:

  1. Entirely wrong, my friend. Entirely wrong. I thought we covered this sophomore year(?) Didn't we even try it with bud lights, etc. Well, actually, I don't actually remember the results of the experiment. Damn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember the results. Rat was so wrong I can't believe we're still talking about this. Case in point: try Miller Chill (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miller_Chill). Possibly the most ruined beer experience of my life. If Corona made me believe in God, then Miller Chill made me believe in the devil. Awful. Case closed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wait wait wait, i agree that miller chill is terrible, but miller chill cannot be compared to corona with lime. Thats like comparing orange juice from the can versus freshly squeezed. The only fair comparison is corona with fresh lime versus miller with fresh lime. also, I don't think I was wrong. but just to check, i'm going to try this again tonight.

    ReplyDelete